HTML Live View
HTML Live is an HTML/CSS editor designed to make creating and editing of HTML projects easier. HTML Live is more useful than a standard HTML editor such as notepad++ becuase it offers real time updating on changes that are made to HTML files. As users make changes to an HTML/CSS file they can see their changes in an offline web browser.
If you encounter any errors, or want to request a feature please send me an email.
Improved the default text of new HTML files to include: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />
This will allow the HTML Live View built in browser to display more of the generally supported styles.
This line should be added to all HTML pages, when using HTML Live View. Place this line in the HEAD section under the TITLE.
Note: This will only work if you have Internet Explorer version 9 installed on your computer!
- Added the ability to close tabs with the middle mouse button.
- Added the ability to open pages in your default browser by right clicking the HTML Live View web browser.
- Added the ability to open more than one file at a time.
- Added the ability to edit text files with HTML Live View.
- Added the ability to switch between vertical and horizontal split screen view.
- Fixed a bug with copy/cut/paste which caused both text copied into or out of HTML Live View to keep its style settings.
- Fixed a number of small bugs.
- Added an option to settings which allows users to not save settings files after HTML Live View closes.
- Added an options to settings which enables/disables webbrowser reload on mouse click.
- Fixed a bug related to the console that could cause crashes.
- Improved drag/drop. Files can now also be dropped on textboxes, to open them.
- The Close All feature (CTRL+F4) will now prompt the user to make sure they want to close all tabs.
- Remade the console, it should now be more functional and more user friendly.
- Updated the help file.
- Users can now drag and drop HTML and CSS files to open them.
- Added an option to reload all HTML pages when a change is made to a CSS file.
- Added a console for users who want to look cool.
- Added a help feature which can be found both in HTML Live View and below.
- Added the Options Menu
- Fixed a bug related to opening a CSS file
- Added the Tag List
- Clicking on the editor textbox will now refresh the web browser
- Added a textbox/web browser resize feature
Older Versions of HTML Live View: